The world’s top 50 major sporting events between 2016 and 2025 are estimated to have budgets totalling £230 billion. With 30% of procurement made internationally, this creates a potential export market of nearly £70 billion for UK companies, including contract opportunities for the Olympics and FIFA World Cup.
As a part of IFB2016, UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) is hosting Going for Export Gold: Opportunities in Major Sports Events. This is an unmissable conference for companies wishing to learn how they can take advantage of the extensive opportunities in the sector. The day will be packed with networking sessions, panel discussions and presentations from global industry professionals.
Please see the full event programme here.
Who should attend?
Companies who supply major sports events including those specialising in:
- Venue design and fit out
- Security and transport
- Personnel and volunteer management
- Catering and corporate hospitality
- Facilities management
- New technology solutions
- Gain an in-depth understanding of where your product fits into the market and where the next global opportunities exist including:
- 2018 Indonesia Asian Games
- 2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan
- 2019 Pan American Games in Peru
- 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo
- Register your interest in 1-2-1 meetings with experts and potential buyers
- Attend presentations and panel discussions with global industry leaders
What is IFB2016?
For three weeks this summer, IFB2016 will bring together business owners, investors and entrepreneurs from over 90 countries. The Festival will be a celebration of industry, innovation, design, creativity and technology, and an unmissable international networking opportunity.
UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) is hosting an exciting programme of events at IFB2016 aligned with weekly sector themes: Week 1, Advanced Manufacturing; Week 2, Energy & Environment and Week 3, Creative & Digital.
Come along, network, share ideas and do deals.